PDA

View Full Version : Locked pages created from template

dioptra999
05-11-2006, 04:46 PM
I have downloaded a ready site from www.oswd.org and i opened it in dreamweaver. Even though i have created a template using this file (index.html) provided by the site according to the hellp of dreamweaver
when i come to use it (te template) to create a new file lets say services.html when it is created it is LOCKED :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

any help at all?????

thnx in advance
P.S. No one knew what happened so i was told about this spesific site hope in you guys

dthomsen8
05-11-2006, 05:08 PM
I have downloaded a ready site from www.oswd.org and i opened it in dreamweaver. Even though i have created a template using this file (index.html) provided by the site according to the hellp of dreamweaver
when i come to use it (te template) to create a new file lets say services.html when it is created it is LOCKED :twisted:

Did you create editable regions in your template?

dioptra999
05-11-2006, 05:18 PM
no because it wasnt mentioned in the help

how do i do that?before the creation of the template?

dthomsen8
05-11-2006, 06:00 PM
no because it wasnt mentioned in the help

how do i do that?before the creation of the template?

Yes, before the creation of the template, insert the proper code. See the Dreamweaver help for details. I find the DW help print too tiny, but you can increase the size with the brower View controls.

dioptra999
05-12-2006, 08:06 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock:
i did not know all that...thnx let me check and come back with many many other questions :D :D :D :D :D