PDA

View Full Version : Code greyed out in code view Dreamweaver 8 PLEASE HELP!!!

Ricky55
05-09-2006, 07:58 AM
Hi

Still trying to learn Dreamweaver myself and I keep running into problems like this. Basically my page

http://www.jaybe.co.uk/

I'm trying to replace some code in this page, I'm wanting the remove the flash animation and replace it using some code that will stop the activation problem that occurs in IE.

Anyway I've got the code that I need and I just need to paste it into the correct place but when I try all the code is greyed out in code view and I can't edit anything.

Why is this?? and how do I stop it?? I don't have any templates on this page.

Any help will be much appreciated, please bear in mind that I can't write HTML myself in your answers.

Thanks again

Ricky55

gondoman
05-10-2006, 02:05 PM
In Dreamweaver preferences you can chaneg the color of the code for each type of item. Grey by default is for comments.
The starting tag for a comment is <!--
The ending tag is -->
If you were missing or lost the ending tag your code could get greyed out, but that is obviously not the case for the file posted on your site, but coudl have happened on your local file if all --> were removed.

I did a view source in internet explorer, and pasted your code into a new dreamweaver html file and there were no problems editing your code.

Do other files you open show as grey? If so I have a feeling that your dreamweaver liscence may be corrupted or your trial period has expired.

Ricky55
05-10-2006, 06:05 PM
no other files are fine. I also pasted into a new file and it was fine, but I do have other pages like this. Its not the comment thing as the code is actually locked, if i try typing I get a beep noise (std windows) and I can't edit or do anything with the code.

any ideas