PDA

View Full Version : header action script resize window

stephen.h1
05-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Hi all.
I am very new to using DW and would like to ask what sort of script would be used to resize the window to a particular size on opening.

Many thanks
Steve

gondoman
05-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Try in the behaviors palettette clicking on the + and choosing "Open Browser window", whihc will plop some a javascript named MM_openBrWindow in your code.

stephen.h1
05-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Hi there thanks for the quick reply.
I have just tried what you had mentioed but it's not actually what I need. I want the browser to resize as soon as they open my index.html. Sorry I should use the right terminology should I.

Thanks for any help

d a v e
05-08-2006, 03:41 PM
remember thought that some users in some cases won't like you resizing their browser window! (and you might also inadvertently resize ti so it won't fit on their screen ;)

stephen.h1
05-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the tip, I furtunate to have a nice 22 inch flat so viewing my new web page on a tiny laptop could cause some problems. But taking this into account do you know what code is needed to acheive a resize window script on opening.

domedia
05-08-2006, 04:39 PM
I really advice against this stephen, it might sounds like a good idea, but users are going to flee from you website if you try to resize *their* browser window on onload. That DW does not natively have support for this kind of thing should be a hint as well ;)

It really sounds like you've made a website that does not work very well in different resolutions? (physical size has nothing to do with it). Do you have a url so we can help you further?

stephen.h1
05-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Hi there.
It's not going to be for public availability it's for a CDROM. I have created an interface which is viewed by the web browser using flash SWF. Everything is centered anyway but I thought that it would look nice if the initial start was all framed up nicely and if they want to resize after that then thay can

domedia
05-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Ah that makes sense.
I found this snippet online, I not tested it:
<body onload="window.resizeTo(400,500);">

stephen.h1
05-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Thank you very much for your help Works a treat. I have just moved over to DW from Golive. I had major redraw problems on screen using x64 and QudraFX4400 but DW is sweet. Im lovin it!