PDA

View Full Version : I need some basic hyperlink help

CSUjr
05-08-2006, 08:20 AM
Hi, I am using Dreamweaver 8.

Hi,
I have created some "Hotspots" on a page that I want to do different things.

First, I want some of the Hotspots to hyperlink to other pages within my site but I don't want the page that I am hyper-linking from to stay open. - Do I set it to _Parent, _Self or do I just leave it blank, or something else?

I also want to make a hyperlink, from a Hotspot, to open a page within another website (which is not mine), but I want that other website to open in a window within my website. In other words, I want my website to stay open so when they close out of the other site, they will be in the same page that they were in when they clicked on the hyperlink. Is this also a setting like _Parent, _Self, or something?

I also want an email link (established from a "Hotspot") that will open a "Message" window within that page. In other words, I do not want that link to open a mail server (such as Outlook Express). I would like it to be a separate “Message Window” within a Pop-up. I would like the visitor to be able to type their message into that Message Window and then when they click "Send" the email is sent to a specified email address and, at the same time, the Pop-up message window closes - and they are still in the same page that they were in when they clicked on the email link.

I know this is all basic, but I'm having some problems making these things work, so all help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Charles

ramandeep
05-08-2006, 08:55 AM
For link to open in same window
Text to be displayed (url)

For link to open in new window
Visit Dreamweaver Club! (http://www.dreamweaverclub.com)

For creating email form read the artical on the home page
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/dreamweaver-php-form.php

CSUjr
05-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Can I create a link to another website from a "Hotspot"?

chriskq
05-08-2006, 01:42 PM
ramandeep i thought you would kno better than that: Another bad point about dreamweaver is its novice insert code selections.
It should be like this:
google (google.com)

CSUjr
05-08-2006, 02:38 PM
I have a graphic of a map of the US Western States.

I want to have hyperlinks on each State so that when a State is clicked it will open a specified website.

What is a good way to do this?

Thanks,
Charles

domedia
05-08-2006, 02:53 PM
CSUjr, all answers on how to make links have already been given. Where are you stuck?

CSUjr
05-08-2006, 03:51 PM
I was not inserting the code properly at first.