PDA

View Full Version : Updating .png files with pop out menus

moondog
05-07-2006, 04:19 PM
I seem to have a problem ..... First off, is there a way to open a page that you have laid out and change the popout menu/image in dreamweaver?
The only way that I have been able to do this before is to re-do the entire image in Fireworks and then re-do all my pages ..... because when I export the "updated" .png with popouts, my page is then screwed up.

Anyone offer me some expertise on this? I have done most of my pages in FrontPage (sorry, didn't mean to swear) and am slowly finding out that I prefer Dreamweaver more (of course) I just can't seem to find all my answers .... and always do better with someone helping me "hands on" than trying to get it from the books.

HELP PLEASE!

dthomsen8
05-07-2006, 06:23 PM
I seem to have a problem ..... First off, is there a way to open a page that you have laid out and change the popout menu/image in dreamweaver?
The only way that I have been able to do this before is to re-do the entire image in Fireworks and then re-do all my pages ..... because when I export the "updated" .png with popouts, my page is then screwed up.

Anyone offer me some expertise on this? I have done most of my pages in FrontPage (sorry, didn't mean to swear) and am slowly finding out that I prefer Dreamweaver more (of course) I just can't seem to find all my answers .... and always do better with someone helping me "hands on" than trying to get it from the books.

HELP PLEASE! Have you laid out a page with Fireworks? You can use the image as a tracing image to create the page with layers in Dreamweaver. With care to avoid overlaps, you can change the layers to tables.

I am not sure that is what you are describing, though. Are you using behaviors to generate JavaScript? Do you have a URL for us to examine?

Also, you should remember that PNG images don't work in older browsers, but GIF and JPG images do work in almost all browsers in common use today.

I started doing web sites with MS FrontPage, but have switched to Dreamweaver MX 2004. I was often annoyed by the FP limitations, and occasionally FP would really foul things up. I often changed the HTML code, but in the early years FP sometimes monkeyed with that, too.

moondog
05-09-2006, 01:03 AM
Okay, I am VERY new to using DreamWeaver ..... I designed my images in Photoshop and saved them to use in DreamWeaver/FireWorks. I designed a navigation bar (left side of pages) to use on EACH of the pages within the site I'm working on.

I missed a couple of things and need to update the nav bar .... with links AND pop outs. I'm not sure how ..... it's hard to explain EXACTLY what I'm trying to do.

The pages are on www.moondographics.com/glccomputers

Tell me what other information I can give to get you to help me figure this out.

Thanks

dog