PDA

View Full Version : Double Rollover Images?

gregfindley.com
05-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Hi,

Have searched, found similar issues to what I'm looking for but not exact...

Basically I want it so that when the user places cursor over the menu items (images) it not only replaces with rollover image but also replaces the corresponding images in the cards at the top?

the testing is on www.acekind.co.uk

Is this possible? and can anyone help me out with how I can do this?!

Thanks,
Greg

Andromeda
05-06-2006, 02:19 AM
Hello Greg
Create your menu rollover.
Select the second image you want to rollover (e.g. the card at the top) and make sure you name this image in the blank field in the properties panel (see image below - red square)

Select the menu image and from the behavior menu click the + and select "swap image" In the swap image dialogue box select the image you’ve just named and then browse to select the image you want to appear when the mouse hovers over the menu.

I've just tried to do it and it sort of worked (the second image changed when the mouse hovered over the first) but the image didn't restore on mouse out so I'm missing something. But there's a start anyway!

Also I'm using DW8 so it maybe slightly different if you have another version.

gregfindley.com
05-06-2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the info,

Have tried that and got it so that it replaces card image, but as you mentioned when MouseOut the menu image stays with the 'on' state,

Ive uploaded it so you can see what I mean...
www.acekind.co.uk

Any suggestions?
Also just to make things more complicated I wanted it so that when the user places cursor over the card images it does the image swap on the menu as well! Is this possible?!

Thanks,
Greg

gregfindley.com
05-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Following research, trying, failing, more research, more trying, more failing I found a tutorial that helped me solve this...

http://www.wmich.edu/itc/tutorials/dreamweaver/advanced/rollover.html#no_return_here

Thanks,
Greg

chriskq
05-08-2006, 08:57 AM
using the dreamweaver crappy mouseover script is really old.
There is a new and much more efficient way of doing this using CSS and changing the backgreound position of a background image (ur button)

this way the image is already loaded and you dont get that initial pause where the site has to grab ur rollover image.

there are many article and examples on the web of doing this.

avoid sloppy mouseout and mouseover code... its outdated.

domedia
05-08-2006, 01:59 PM
this way the image is already loaded and you dont get that initial pause where the site has to grab ur rollover image. All you need to do get around this is to preload the image. After that it's in cache.