PDA

View Full Version : opera amd ie weird problems

meerah
05-04-2006, 11:25 AM
Hello,
I am testing my page in different browser but I have encountred 2 problems testing in opera and ie..
In ie...when I click the skype call button it disables all menu controls.. Till I try to make a call, everything works fine
In opera ...the same + the skype tooltip message window does not appear above the iframes...suppose I need to define some level which should be higher than those of iframes...anybody knows how to fix it ?

Cheers
www.rolf.cz[/code]

dthomsen8
05-04-2006, 12:48 PM
Hello,
I am testing my page in different browser but I have encountred 2 problems testing in opera and ie..
In ie...when I click the skype call button it disables all menu controls.. Till I try to make a call, everything works fine
In opera ...the same + the skype tooltip message window does not appear above the iframes...suppose I need to define some level which should be higher than those of iframes...anybody knows how to fix it ?

Cheers
www.rolf.cz[/code]

I don't know what the Skype call button should accomplish, so perhaps you might explain what you expect it to do.

You have both errors and warnings with validating your home page HTML. You should fix those on every page.

The messages reveal some confusion with CSS ID names, which certainly can cause problems with layout. Perhaps they should be different ID names with different definitions, or perhaps they should be classes rather than ID names.

There is, as you know, no news from the "News" menu choice. Another page has a "Date updated" line, without a date.

You should try your web site with the Firefox browser, which is far more popular than Opera. I like Opera, it loads fast and works just fine, and especially good for a quick browser view from Dreamweaver.

Firefox is especially popular with web developers because of the other tools available for it.

Perhaps I mentioned it before, but I think your contact information should be on every page, and it should include your country name. Somewhere it should also say "Plumbing supplies" or something like it. Think about search engine results, and you will see why including this information is wise for every commercial site.

meerah
05-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Yeah ...i have no news by now....and the banner on the top ...if you come accross the streaming version is also not ready yet

I have corrected the errors...and it still does not work...the command callto is associated with skype and that button should (and it works) launch skype and make it call me.....so the main problem remains....why clicking skype button disables all other buttons....the content is than triggered by functions ,....I dont know where might be the problem ?