PDA

View Full Version : Is there a good source for .wav files or small sound clips?

becky gelke
05-04-2006, 08:25 AM
Need to attach a couple of small sound clips to some pics, but dont really know where to look for them, I suppose what I am really looking for is the sounds you would perhaps hear under a flash menu or similar, not songs or audio clips of someone speaking, I can find loads of them.

dthomsen8
05-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Need to attach a couple of small sound clips to some pics, but dont really know where to look for them, I suppose what I am really looking for is the sounds you would perhaps hear under a flash menu or similar, not songs or audio clips of someone speaking, I can find loads of them.

Searching for "wav small sound clips" in Google provides a long list of possible sources. Since computer stores sell inexpensive collections of clip art, maybe they also have collections of sound clips.

You really didn't tell us what sounds you want, though. Do you mean animals, bells, jet planes, sound effects like doors slamming or ocean waves, or musical sounds like trumpets?

becky gelke
05-04-2006, 02:21 PM

Searching for "wav small sound clips" in Google provides a long list of possible sources. Since computer stores sell inexpensive collections of clip art, maybe they also have collections of sound clips.

You really didn't tell us what sounds you want, though. Do you mean animals, bells, jet planes, sound effects like doors slamming or ocean waves, or musical sounds like trumpets?

Yeah I tried that before I posted :roll: unfortunately nothing came up. I mean the kind of noise you get when you mouse over flash buttons on many sites. This site is a good example www.londonmeetingplaces.co.uk mouse over the buttons and you will see what I mean. I guess if I had to describe it, its a kind of digital sound. :?

becky gelke
05-05-2006, 07:36 AM
Can anyone help, I could even have sounds like these stored within Windows XP..................but dont know where to look :oops: