PDA

View Full Version : Problem adding behaviour to a pic

becky gelke
05-03-2006, 12:56 AM
I want to add a behaviour to several thumbnails on a site I am building. I want to be able to click the thumbnail then get a bigger picture of the same pic to open in a new window, with a size I can specify. I have tried to do this by adding a behaviour, then selecting the 'open browser window' option, flillng in all the details, size url etc. but then nothing happens, Am I forgetting to do something? Is there perhaps a small piece of code I can attach to each thumbnail to get them to perform this action for me.

becky gelke
05-03-2006, 04:27 AM
I think I have sorted it out now, I was using DW4 tried it in MX and it worked fine. It was simply a matter of changing the html from "onload" to "onclick" if anyone is having the same prob. I presume I have done it right??

domedia
05-03-2006, 05:11 AM
Yes, you got it :)

becky gelke
05-03-2006, 05:32 AM
Thanks for that, but I dont quite have it unfortunately. I am adapting a template, when I select the pics in question they already have the # attributed to them, then when I add the behaviour it all works OK, the prob is it also has the effect of flying to the top of the page also. I have added the offending line below. I still want the pics to be hyperlinks (or turn into a hand when moused over, but dont particularly want to go back to the top of the page each time...any ideas??

images/w23.jpg (#)

domedia
05-03-2006, 06:01 AM
It's flying to the top of the page because your browser is looking for your link ("#").
If you can I would put the link to large.html as your link, move the onclick function call to your anchor tag, and add a return(false) to have javascript disable the anchor link:
images/w23.jpg (large.html)