PDA

View Full Version : paypal code

Ella B.
04-30-2006, 11:50 PM
OK, I'm sorry for this ridiculous question, but I hardly ever design anything that is commerce related, usually informational, personal, or design sites. I'm used to creating the site in PSD, slicing, and uploading to Dreamweaver, but this time I'm doing a website for a little boy who's autistic, and does some artwork, so I have a "store" design,(long page with rows of horizontally lined up pics, )and under the pics will have to be the Paypal cart info that is supposed to go in the code...what is the easiest way to do this? Do I save the psd as a jpg, slice each and every pic and ...???create tables with columns and a double row for each pic -top and bottom?
Let me know if this sounds too confusing to picture? I've attatched the pic of the "store". It's the only page that will be long, with a scroll, the rest are all portfolio size pages.
Thanks!

domedia
05-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Actually the easier option would be to use a shopping cart that already integrates with Paypal. Maybe the paypal.com has a list or recommendations.

Ella B.
05-01-2006, 05:38 PM
The reason for Paypal, is strictly cost. They will only have to pay a small percentage per sale, as opposed to the costs associated with a merchant account etc. I'm donating time for this site, because of this reason, so we have to keep costs very low.
There are some open source carts that look interesting (http://www.zen-cart.com/modules/freecontent/index.php?id=4) but I don't think they are compatable with their host company- godaddy. It confuses me just reading the setup intructions, but that's because I come from a graphic background, and not a programing background, so I'm slow to understand that area.