PDA

View Full Version : 2 frames - 1 with text, 1 with images

Leee
04-30-2006, 09:28 PM
Hi all,
Semi-newby here. Can someone point me to a template or tutorial on how to make a webpage that has two frames. One with text (which has certain words linked to various images, and the other containing an image that will change whenever the corresponding text links are clicked.

Thanks for any help or suggestions,
Leee

domedia
05-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Hi Lee,
Any frame tutorial would do, as they all work the same way basically.
But why would you use frames for this? You;re not linking to another website are you?
If not, you should consider developing a regular website which is far easier than having to operate a frames based website.

Leee
05-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Hi domedia,
thanks for the reply. Well with a little patience I figured it out on my own. And it's working pretty good too! :D

I'm not sure why you ask why I am using frames. I'm not linking to another website, but for what I want to do, this seems like the easiest way to do it.

It's an ongoing story (lot's of text) and every paragraph has a few links to images. The text is in the bottom frame (which contains a seperate editable html page of text) and the images are on the top frame, linked to various html pages that contain one image each.

It works like a charm, but if you have an easier way to do this, I'm listening! :D

Thanks,
Leee