PDA

View Full Version : Find and Replace- Disable Dialogue Box...

fastcart
04-30-2006, 09:58 PM
Hi. Great forum, just found this today.

I have a problem. I'm doing a lot of Find and Replace in Dreamweaver MX. Whenever I do it, it works great. However, everytime I run it, it'll prompt me for the same dialogue box:

"This operation cannot be undone in documents that are not currently open....blah blah."

I realize this is to keep the user from doing something he can't undo. That's fine. But I'm doing a lot different Find and Replace everyday and pressing the same button gets tiresome.

I looked around in preferences but couldn't find anyway to turn this box off (keep it from appearing).

Anyone know how to disable this from showing up?

Thanks!

:D

gondoman
05-01-2006, 09:10 PM
You are correct there is no preference to suppress the warning.

If you run the find replace on an open document, the warning is skipped, unfortunantely there is no way to suppress that warning when you do this on multiple unopened documents.

fastcart
05-02-2006, 02:29 AM
Thanks for the reply.

Wow, what an absolutely awful restriction to place on software. "You must eat the warning. Every time. You will use dreamweaver our way. Click this same button 80 times a day. I will not be disabled..."

domedia
05-02-2006, 08:56 PM
Wow, what an absolutely awful restriction to place on software. "You must eat the warning. Every time. You will use dreamweaver our way. Click this same button 80 times a day. I will not be disabled..."
Reminds me of what *nix people think of every single Windows OS warning, like "Are you sure you want to xxxxxx". :) Their OS seems to do just what they ask it to, while Windows wants to protect us from ourselves. :wink:

dthomsen8
05-02-2006, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I hope you are occasionally making a backup of your site elsewhere on your hard drive. Doing a find and replace on a whole web site can create a royal mess, and that is why you are getting those messages, ad infinitum.

Dreamweaver allows you to use other text editors. Perhaps someone here knows if that is a way to avoid this message, over and over again.