PDA

View Full Version : help with js menu + flash conflict

chriskq
04-30-2006, 03:18 AM
Hey all,

having a porblem i cant seem to fix on my own.
Basically i have a javascript horizontal drop down menu that conflicts with a flash movie swf that i also want on the page.

anyone know if this object tag is correct?
<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" WIDTH="537" HEIGHT="100" id="text2" ALIGN="" style="z-index: 1;">
<PARAM NAME="movie" VALUE="common/flash/indextextfade.swf">
<PARAM NAME="loop" VALUE="true">
<PARAM NAME="menu" VALUE="false">
<PARAM NAME="quality" VALUE="high">
<PARAM NAME="wmode" VALUE="transparent" id="flashItem">
<EMBED src="common/flash/indextextfade.swf" swliveconnect="true" loop="false" menu="false" quality="high" wmode="transparent" WIDTH="537" HEIGHT="100" NAME="text2" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>
</OBJECT>

if i take the flash out, the menu works and vice versa.
any suggestions would be great.

domedia
04-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Basically i have a javascript horizontal drop down menu that conflicts with a flash movie swf that i also want on the page.
Too basic :) Can you explain more in detail please.

chriskq
05-01-2006, 06:10 AM
Well - hello - for some reason the flash works fine now (I hate it when that happens - i was playing with so many variables i dont actually kno which one fixed it - oh well)

but while im here i have on more semi-related Question:
I have a pop-up on my index page that is called on the body tag.
it is a flash mp3 player (client wants it - not me).

so what if while navigating around the site you go back to the homepage - as the pop-up is areadly loaded and it goes to load it again - this causes a conflict.

how do i tell the fucntion do not load pop up if the pop-up is alreadly open.

Thanks all.
ill give u a url wen i've pushed it live.