PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needing help with very basic stuff.

missj
04-29-2006, 04:00 AM
hi there.
i just downloaded dreamweaver 8 yesterday, and i have finished the the 'getting started with dreamweaver' tutorial with their cafe townsend thingy. t
the thing is, when i tested it with firefox (my default browser) the colors doesnt work. the navigation bar & links i mean.
and today when i did another web layout, the colors of the tables doesnt show at all. am i doing anything wrong? i am really frustrated at the moment, as i know a web designer that uses dreamweaver for her coding and i have always been able to view her stuff fine with firefox. with the flaws and errors disappear when i upload it to the web server?
i really apologize if this seem like a really dumb question and may have been asked a zillion times before.
also, just wondering, how long did it actually took for you to master most of dreamweaver, its features and get the results that you want without trouble?
thanks in advance, missj.

davidj
04-29-2006, 11:03 AM
that is not a stupid question

these are stupid questions...

1) how long is a piece of string ?
2) How many sheets of paper can one tree make?
3) If an ambulance is on its way to save someone, and it runs someone over, does it stop to help them?
4) Why does mineral water that has "trickled through mountains for centuries" go out of date next year?

please post ya code so i can have a look

dthomsen8
04-29-2006, 11:51 AM
hi there.
i just downloaded dreamweaver 8 yesterday, and i have finished the the 'getting started with dreamweaver' tutorial with their cafe townsend thingy. t
the thing is, when i tested it with firefox (my default browser) the colors doesnt work. the navigation bar & links i mean.
and today when i did another web layout, the colors of the tables doesnt show at all. am i doing anything wrong? i am really frustrated at the moment, as i know a web designer that uses dreamweaver for her coding and i have always been able to view her stuff fine with firefox. with the flaws and errors disappear when i upload it to the web server?
i really apologize if this seem like a really dumb question and may have been asked a zillion times before.
also, just wondering, how long did it actually took for you to master most of dreamweaver, its features and get the results that you want without trouble?
thanks in advance, missj.

Either post your page at a web hosting company, or if you have a single page which is short enough, post it here with the "Code" box and we can do a copy and paste to DW ourselves. Nothing huge, of course.

Have you considered a good book on Dreamweaver? Post a question about books, and you are sure to get a lot of advice. Have you done the some of the tutorials right here? That is a free way to learn more.

missj
04-29-2006, 12:07 PM
OK. Thanks so much for replying. I figured out what was the problem now. I should have used CSS for the background color, not just fill in the table color.
D'oh.
Frustration gone, now to move on to discover something else to freak about with dreamweaver. :o