PDA

View Full Version : DSN (all work) - DSN-less (some work(

parallon
04-28-2006, 08:44 PM
Hello all. I have a problem which may be a simple fix, but I can't figure it out. I had my site running on my local PC just fine using a DSN connection to an Access database, although, once I uploaded it to my remote server, I changed the connection to a DSN-Less connection, and now some of my pages work, and some receive the following error:

The page cannot be displayed
HTTP 500 - Internal server error

I modified the connection on my local PC to use the DSN-Less connection string, and the same pages have the problem. I set up this site using DW8, in which it created the Connections folder, so I would think that all files set up in this site would work fine. The file in the Connections folder is as follows:

<%
Dim MM_timesheet_STRING
'MM_timesheet_STRING = "dsn=Timesheet;"
MM_timesheet_STRING = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("../timesheet/timecard.mdb")
%>

And the call to the connection is:

I have compared a working and non-working file side by side, and the only differences that I can see is the <body> and the recordsets.

Does anyone know why changing to DNS-Less would only affect some pages???

Thanks in advance,

Parallon

parallon
04-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Ok, I have noticed something very interesting. When I think about it, it seems to be the pages that I have done in the past couple of days, and the only thing that I can see that is different is that under the 'Bindings' and 'Server Behaviors' tabs, each of them have the Recordset(Query) option. Originally I was using the 'Bindings' to create my recordsets because that is the way I learned from a tutorial. Well, I noticed that I wouldn't have to jump back and fourth if I used the one under the 'Server Behaviors' tab. Well, it looks like that is somehow causing a problem. I went back and deleted my recordsets and recreated them using the 'Bindings' tab, and things are getting better.

Does this make sense to anyone? Are they supposed to do the same thing? Am I CRAZY?

Any input would be greatly appreciated,

Parallon