PDA

View Full Version : cell padding AFTER the table is created

moondog
04-27-2006, 02:19 PM
I can't seem to find a way to change the cell padding now that my tables are created. I have already created a buttload of tables for my website and now it dawns on me that my padding isn't right cuz my text is too close to the edges.

HELP PLEASE!!!

bkendall
04-27-2006, 02:51 PM
While in design view place your cursor somewhere in the table. Now look down to the bottom-left corner of the screen, you should see the html element listed there. Select table, then in the properties box below those elements you should see the setting to adjust padding and spacing.

The better way to do it though would be to assign a class to your table and then adjust the spacing and padding with the css class. That way if you wanted all of the table in the site to be the same you could adjust them in one place.

moondog
04-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Okay, I see how that works, however, now I see I have another problem. I want to change the cell padding in one cell and not all the cells in the table ..... is THIS possible?

bkendall
04-27-2006, 03:12 PM
In that case you should really look into positioning the contents of that cell with padding in css.

moondog
04-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Dang it! Just when I thought I was getting the hang of all of this, something new comes up. OUCH!

davidj
04-27-2006, 03:34 PM
after you learn CSS you need to learn the following

SSD, YTML, BGHTM, RHTML, XZHTML, AAEML, QKTML, EMHTML, XHESML

moondog
04-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Thanks David, I appreciate your support :lol:

dog

domedia
04-27-2006, 05:12 PM
CSS:td.special {padding: 10px 20px}
HTML:<td class="special">Special padding on this cell</td>