PDA

View Full Version : Help needed - creating site in dreamweaver with swfs

joe501
04-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Hi

I am attempting to make a website in dreamweaver, with animated swf files for the banner and buttons. My problem is with the sizes.

I want to get all of the buttons next to each other, with little or no gaps.

I've tried making a table and putting each button in a different column, but there are still massive gaps.

The other problem is to do with the web browser, I think.

I want it to be like most sites, if the user dosent have the page full screen, the banner and buttons will resize so that the user can see all of the site, normally until you have squashed the browser halfway.

For example, when you drag the corners of a swf file while it is playing, the image resizes so you can see the whole of it, no matter how small you make the application.

I want my imported swf file in dreamweaver to resize if the user does not have the web browser full size.

For example, if you have your browser in windowed mode now, drag the sides so that the application is squashed, you can still see the post and the banner, it resizes automatically.

I have attatched all of my files in a zip on this post

Please be aware that this is the first time I have attempted to make a proper website so i am a bit of a simpleton when it comes to web design, and dreamweaver.

Any help would be appreciated and you can speak to me on msn if it's easier, i am:

joe501 at hotmail dot com

P.S if this is in the wrong section sorry!

domedia
04-26-2006, 09:52 PM
Hi joe, I can help you out specifically with your code, but I'll give you a few pointers :)
If this is your very first attempt at a website, stay away from flash for now..
Flash is an embeddded object, and you can't 'drag it larger' as such. Where you got this notion I don't know, but it might have been that you were looking at a swf file opened in a browser, which is not a webpage :)
Look for some basic html/css tutorials first and get a feel of what the different layers of a webpage is (html/css/js)