PDA

View Full Version : Firefox text issue

kidddgospel
04-26-2006, 03:45 AM
I have a site that does not allow users to change font size when viewd on explorer, however, when viewd on firefox, users are then able to change text size. How can I disable users to change text size in firefox like it is in IE?
(My current text is inside a layout cell)
Also, im mostly frustrated with the misalignment in F.F.

Regards,

ramandeep
04-26-2006, 08:06 AM
First of all Mate , you must be using absolute text sizes thats why your site does not allow users to change font size when viewed on Internet explorer.

Though its a good practice to use relative font sizes like em or % and make your site bit more accessible.

you can use absolute font sizes to restrict text resizing in IE but others have there different theory.

In Firefox, the text resize even if the Web site text is not "coded" for flexibility or you can say given "absolute" text sizes(pixels).

Opera resizes all aspects of a Web site, including font, images, and sections. Resizing work fairly well in Opera, even if the Web site is not "coded" for flexibility.

So in my suggestion it will be better to code your website with relative font sizez and make it more accessible.

dthomsen8
04-26-2006, 05:41 PM
I have a site that does not allow users to change font size when viewd on explorer, however, when viewd on firefox, users are then able to change text size. How can I disable users to change text size in firefox like it is in IE?
(My current text is inside a layout cell)
Also, im mostly frustrated with the misalignment in F.F.

Regards,

Can you provide a URL for us to see?

Also, most web developers have a high regard for Firefox, especially when compared with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.

domedia
04-26-2006, 09:54 PM
You can't stop the user from changing text size of html text in FF. At the end of the day FF realizes it's your browser and if you want to se the text larger for whatever reason (which is none of my business), then you should be able to ;)