PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver Low memory Warning

bkendall
04-24-2006, 04:20 PM
On occasion while working in Dreamweaver (on it the entire day usually), I will get a system low on memory warning dialog. I am working on a terminal server with about 14 other people and we have researched the issue by looking at available memory and the processes that are being run at the time of the warning.

There is always like 3-5 gb of available memory and at times there will be a cpu spike but I am not sure that would be enough to cause the warning.

Any one else see this type of warning?

domedia
04-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Trying to understand your setup..
Dreamweaver is running on your local machine right? A Mac by any chance?

bkendall
04-24-2006, 06:08 PM
No we are actually running xp pro. I run directly off of the terminal server and do not have a local machine at all. I am unsure if we have an enterprise leciense for studio (I assume this is how we ae doing it) or if we just have the individual licenses.

At any rate we each have accounts and sessions on the terminal server, this setup could be waht is causing dreamweaver to have trouble on occasion. I do know that acrobat does behave badly on the terminal server so it is quite possible that the are related issues.

I was moslty trying to see if anyone had similar experiences on a normal setup, that way I could eliminate some causes.

domedia
04-24-2006, 06:17 PM
7 years ago I did, but had no such experiences :?
I tried Googling a little, nothing came up, but that's most likely because, like you said, the problem is specific to how your terminal server is set up.

bkendall
04-24-2006, 06:51 PM
thanks for looking into it domedia, at the very worst it is annoying, it doesn't appear to have any real effect on performance.

dthomsen8
04-24-2006, 06:54 PM
On occasion while working in Dreamweaver (on it the entire day usually), I will get a system low on memory warning dialog. I am working on a terminal server with about 14 other people and we have researched the issue by looking at available memory and the processes that are being run at the time of the warning.

There is always like 3-5 gb of available memory and at times there will be a cpu spike but I am not sure that would be enough to cause the warning.

Any one else see this type of warning?

Is this an operating system warning?

Does it happen if you close and restart Dreamweaver periodically? That would be my suggestion, but I really don't have much of an idea about it.

bkendall
04-24-2006, 07:03 PM
It appears to be (or at least I assumed it was) a dreamweaver warning message. Most of the time when I get such a warning I can dismiss it it and not see it the rest of the day and sometimes for several days. I have not tried restarting dreamweaver when it happens, but like I said it doen't appear to hinder productivity just mostly an annoyance and a curiosity thing.

kona72
04-24-2006, 10:22 PM
I get that once in a while as well. I have a Athlon 3.2 64bit with 2Gb or ram and it still happens. Chalk it up to Mr. Gates and his wonderful operating system....

dthomsen8
04-24-2006, 11:07 PM
I get that once in a while as well. I have a Athlon 3.2 64bit with 2Gb or ram and it still happens. Chalk it up to Mr. Gates and his wonderful operating system....

Perhaps you could do a screen capture the next time it happens, so we can all see the exact message.

kona72
04-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Sure. I'll try and remember to do it.

bkendall
04-25-2006, 02:05 PM
Even tho my setup is a lil different I will post a screen grab as well, at least we can do a good comparison that way :0

bkendall
05-01-2006, 03:03 PM
Here is a screen grab of the low memory warning that I get in DW.