PDA

View Full Version : Basic Stuff - Really need help

supatyson
04-24-2006, 08:24 AM
Hey guys Im not very good with dreamweaver. I need to create a website with 5 pages. I all want them to look the same, probably using CSS.

I have 5 Buttons on my page, a logo, a header, a news bar and a content box. I have a picture I drew in paint to show how I want the page, but I dont know how to do it. So if someone could show or teach me it would be greatly appreciated. Also the buttons are rollovers.

Thanks in Advance.

dthomsen8
04-24-2006, 10:11 AM
A simple fixed width design like the one you illustrate for us can be done with tables (the old fashioned way), or with CSS positioning (the newest way). However, think about whether you will be satisfied to have a web site 750 pixels wide, when many users will view it on a monitor set for 1280 pixels or more, leaving 530 pixels blank on the right.

There are many tutorials about web design online, and many books on the subject, too. Consider going to your local library, or even Barnes and Noble, and reading a book on web design. We can't give you an answer here on what really is a book length subject.

supatyson
04-24-2006, 11:52 PM
Yeah its 750 in width because it needs to fit into a 800x600 viewing screen. Is there anyway to make it so it resizes it self?

Creative Insanity
04-25-2006, 07:24 AM
Use tables and percentages.

supatyson
04-25-2006, 09:19 AM
Could someone please show me how to set it up, or give me a link to a tutorail?

domedia
04-25-2006, 01:00 PM
Use tables and percentages.
Relative widths alone will do it.