PDA

View Full Version : help with search result..

hinge
04-24-2006, 01:04 AM
hi all,
i have made my website with adobe photoshop and then put the jpg image in through dreamweaver 8 to link it up. however scince i am using photoshop i have no text in any page of my web site. i have loaded my mete tags with alot of stuff but i hear that it doesn't help (evident in my case) i was wonder if there is a way to add all the same text that is in my website to a hidden layer.so that the search engines would pick it up. i don't won't to add anything not in my website.
this is my website check it out
www.nerdherdvideos.com

i want to preserve the custom text so that it still looks nice. someone i know mentioned a z_layer

any help would be greatly appreciated!! thank you all :)

davidj
04-24-2006, 07:40 AM
if there is a way to add all the same text that is in my website to a hidden layer.so that the search engines would pick it up.

this would probably give a negative index. A long time ago this trick was widespread as was adding text to the footer and coloring it the same as the bg color. Spiders have grown up and become smarter.

make your site as relevant as possible without using any tricks or shortcuts you hear about. If you do get a tip research it before using it

dthomsen8
04-24-2006, 09:55 AM
hi all,
i have made my website with adobe photoshop and then put the jpg image in through dreamweaver 8 to link it up. however scince i am using photoshop i have no text in any page of my web site. i have loaded my mete tags with alot of stuff but i hear that it doesn't help (evident in my case) i was wonder if there is a way to add all the same text that is in my website to a hidden layer.so that the search engines would pick it up. i don't won't to add anything not in my website.
this is my website check it out
www.nerdherdvideos.com

i want to preserve the custom text so that it still looks nice. someone i know mentioned a z_layer

any help would be greatly appreciated!! thank you all :)

Using images rather than text means that the search engines won't see anything from your site. Tricks along the line you suggest won't help.

You can get visitors to your site with paper advertising, or links from other web sites, but search engines will ignore you. Rethink your approach.

hinge
04-24-2006, 09:37 PM
ok well..... im not sure were to go from here any suggestions? i am not experienced enough to do the whole thing in html..

any help would be helpful:)

domedia
04-24-2006, 09:43 PM
hinge,
what you have is actually not a real webpage, it's just one large image.
Take some time and learn html, from online tutorials, the dw manual etc. View source on other pages and you'll start to realize what it's all about :)

Creative Insanity
04-24-2006, 11:50 PM
In PS slice up the template in the areas like main content, header, nav section etc.
Then click the bottom button on the tool panel in PS and export to ImageReady.
Save optirmized as images and html and that will give you a laid out html file with all the images in place in a table.
Create the site in DW files tab and then go for it and start making links etc for your site.