PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question

gumdigger
04-23-2006, 08:59 AM
Hi
creating these http://www.templatesbox.com/templates/271.htm sort website. is it just a matter of creating panels and buttons in photoshop/fireworks and arrangeing them dreamweaver?.
can someone guide me bcoz i want to creat these sort of website without coding.[/url]

Ella B.
05-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Usually they are just like creating your own site, as a Photoshop file, layers and all, intact. For instance, they will probably provide you with the PSD file, you open it, and one of the layers on the template may be a generic picture, and you can choose that picture in the PSD layer, substitute it for one that you think is more prevelant to your site, choose another layer with font, change that, etc.
You just continue to work on the PSD file, and then when you're finished, you can save, and upload it how you would normally do it.
I save my original PSD file, for future changes, and then the pages as copies, in jpg. format, slice them in Fireworks or Imageready, and then open them from Dreamweaver, and give them behaviors.
Hope that helps..I probably sent you the long way around, and others will make it faster for you here:)
A template is just someone elses created guidline. Like tracing outside the lines, and then you fill in your content after it's been adjusted.
... fun:)