PDA

View Full Version : ie error syntax for no apparent reason

meerah
04-19-2006, 09:35 AM
Hi,
I have been recently working on one site .. the problem is when I view it explorer it shows me that an error encountered on my page and I cant find it...I am not sure wether this error can somehow affect the way content is displayed in other browsers but would like to be sure it displays everything properly....but I cant check it, cause I dont have access to computer with older versions of browser or without flash plugins ..
I have been on holiday and aim to finish this site as soon as possibble , it works for me fine except that warning displayed in ie..
I have been thinking also whether somebody has got any link on a page containing flash header in a table structure and alternative images ... I had not found more pleasant solution of embedding it than using just object tags and leaving it up to the browser to choose what content to show...so If anybody has got any link ..I would like to go through that code and check it on myself...
However with the ie error I am desperate..
CHeers in advance
www.meerahmax.cz

davidj
04-19-2006, 09:38 AM
im using IE 6.0.2 with no error

meerah
04-19-2006, 09:59 AM
But what I am not so sure is whether I used right embedding methods...I tried to look at code generated directly by flash and solution using just object tag seems to me much more simple ... i was testing it just once on a computer without any flash plugins and it worked ...but you know it just seems to simple to work without problems.....

dthomsen8
04-19-2006, 10:55 AM
But what I am not so sure is whether I used right embedding methods...I tried to look at code generated directly by flash and solution using just object tag seems to me much more simple ... i was testing it just once on a computer without any flash plugins and it worked ...but you know it just seems to simple to work without problems.....

<tr>
<td height="79" colspan="2"><object data="Untitled-2.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="780" height="140">

Can you explain these few lines of code to us? Perhaps explaining it will help your thinking.

(It is not generally done to leave names as "Untitled" when a more explanatory name could be chosen, but the name is unlikely to cause trouble.)

meerah
04-20-2006, 07:49 AM
Hey !
At first I am doing graphics -Flash , AE and so on.. I am coding a site for the first time so why cant you just think about any site using a flash menu or banner the way I do....I am sure there are plenty and dont you paste the link here ....IŽll be better analyzing and learning from source code than explaining what (I either dont know if this explaining of code would help me...at least I am missing in my code something and dont even know whether it works or might cause some problems on computers without flash plugin)
Cheers so far

domedia
04-20-2006, 12:44 PM
the problem is when I view it explorer it shows me that an error encountered on my page and I cant find it Please post the details about the error. Unless we know what it is we can't help :)

dthomsen8
04-20-2006, 04:26 PM
Hey !
At first I am doing graphics -Flash , AE and so on.. I am coding a site for the first time so why cant you just think about any site using a flash menu or banner the way I do....I am sure there are plenty and dont you paste the link here ....IŽll be better analyzing and learning from source code than explaining what (I either dont know if this explaining of code would help me...at least I am missing in my code something and dont even know whether it works or might cause some problems on computers without flash plugin)
Cheers so far

Are you testing for Microsoft Internet Explorer, and trying to do something different than you would for Firefox or Netscape or Opera?

Does your error happen with more than one browser?