PDA

View Full Version : Quick one about session var (PHP) & Multi-edit @ once up

HeadAche
04-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Morning all, hope we all had a good weekend and arnt too depressed about been back in work.

Just the other week I asked a question about updating / editing multiple records at once. DavidJ (thanks again) gave some code to work with but it was just too complicated for my experience with PHP, so I ended up buying an extension that would do this for me. It cost 27 bones, but it was worth every penny and after using it I just cant understand why it isnt something Macromedia orginaly included in the server behaviours... It is available from www.felixone.it

Onto the issue. I have got a repeat region value set as a session var posted from the previous page, when I hit the update button on the current page the session is reset to becasue its value is POSTED from a form value on the previous page. This results in an error when the page post's to its self becasue the repeat region says it is divided by 0 after the update.

This is probably a school-boy issue, is there anyway I can stop the session from reseting like this without involving a 3rd page as a go between the page with the form and update records page?

Che-ars...

HeadAche
04-18-2006, 02:20 PM
ok, solved... :oops: Used the FX Session .mxp... maybe I should just stick to server behaviours... :(