PDA

View Full Version : Help with Meta name placement

malhyp
04-17-2006, 12:51 AM
Hi there, I have created a website, and in this site there are about 100 pages. Of these 100 pages there are about 30 that I would like to be found by people searching the net. I have placed different Meta Tag Keywords on every one of these pages. Each one relates to the individual page. Is this correct? Should I have just placed the same Keywords on all 30 pages?

Your suggestion or feedback is greatly appreciated..

Shane.

domedia
04-17-2006, 01:46 PM
Search Engines normally ignores meta keywords, and use meta description sparingly, and most of the time not for ranking at all. (The phrase "Meta Tags are dead" was coined years ago.).

The search engines will spider *all* you pages automatically, these 3 points will increase the chances of that happening:
1. There's no serious, structural errors in your HTML. The safest of way of assuring this is to validate (http://validator.w3.org/)your HTML.
2. Use normal links between in your navigation so the Search engine spiders have no problems crawling your website. Ex:
My Products (link.html)
3. Other people link to your website. This will make it easier for the search egnines to find your site, and it tells them that your pages are of interest.

dthomsen8
04-17-2006, 08:44 PM
Hi there, I have created a website, and in this site there are about 100 pages. Of these 100 pages there are about 30 that I would like to be found by people searching the net. I have placed different Meta Tag Keywords on every one of these pages. Each one relates to the individual page. Is this correct? Should I have just placed the same Keywords on all 30 pages?

Your suggestion or feedback is greatly appreciated..

Shane.

Can you share a URL with us? You can get some useful feedback.