PDA

View Full Version : Problems viewing in 800 x 600

Andromeda
04-14-2006, 08:52 AM
I am creating a page where the table at the top has a background image. It is designed so that it can be viewed in 800x600 or 1024x768 or bigger and still look good. Trouble is, when I view it in 800x600 the background image cuts off on the right hand side even though the table is set at 100%.

It works ok if I don't have a scroll bar but I need one because there's a lot of content to go on the page.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. :(

Andromeda
04-14-2006, 08:53 AM
here's the url...
http://www.newday.co.nz/college/new/problem.html

dthomsen8
04-14-2006, 11:40 AM
I am creating a page where the table at the top has a background image. It is designed so that it can be viewed in 800x600 or 1024x768 or bigger and still look good. Trouble is, when I view it in 800x600 the background image cuts off on the right hand side even though the table is set at 100%.

It works ok if I don't have a scroll bar but I need one because there's a lot of content to go on the page.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. :(

Your header image is 1264 pixels wide, so you are bound to have troubles at lower monitor size settings. I can't say that is what you are doing wrong, but it is the essence of your problem.

The easy (one might say lazy) way would be to put the two snapshots on the left side of the the header image, and let the blue water background get chopped off on the right. Maybe your comment about scrollbars is a clue. Perhaps someone else in the forum has a better idea.

kona72
04-14-2006, 11:56 PM
How about something like this??

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
body {
margin-left: 0px;
margin-top: 0px;
margin-right: 0px;
}
-->
</style></head>

<body>
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" background="images/bckgrd.jpg">
<tr align="left" valign="top">
<td></td>
<td width="142">images/image2.jpg</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

Andromeda
04-16-2006, 06:27 AM
Thank you dthomsen8 and kona72 for your replies.

It seems the problem was with a layer that I had on the page that was wider than 800px. As soon as the layer was deleted the problem went away.

Thanks heaps for your responses. Much appreciated.