PDA

View Full Version : Pages shift sideways when scroll bar appears? Help !!!

katylux
04-13-2006, 05:55 AM
Hi Boyz,

I desperately need your help. Iíd designing a website and Iím doing it on the Dreamweaver on the PC. When I test my website on a PC (IE), everything looks fine, however when I view it on a Mac (Safari, Firefox) or PC (Firefox), when I move from one page to another, some pages shift sideways to the right (about 25 pixels). These pages are table base, no layers and they are just basically duplicates of the same page with different images. I have 800px width table nested in a 100% table aligned center. Why is this happening and how can I fix it ? Please help me ! Thank you so much !

Katy :wink:

d a v e
04-13-2006, 08:44 AM
url

katylux
04-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I donít have a domain yet, and Iím testing the website at work, which url I canít make public, Ďcos my boss would kill me. Anyway, I just realized the problem occurs in Firefox on a PC as well but not in IE and I think I know why. The shift occurs on pages that are longer where scroll bar appears. So, IE always has a scroll bar (on short pages, the scroll bar is inactive (dim), but itís there), however Safari, Firefox only show scrollbar when scrolling is necessary.

So the bottom line is, the shift occurs because of the scroll bar appearance when aligned center. So, how do I compensate for it ? Thanks !

katylux
04-13-2006, 11:32 PM
I figured it out. Here's the solution:

html { height: 100%; margin-bottom: 1px; }