PDA

View Full Version : Force html to print one page?

Jd9419
04-12-2006, 06:28 PM
To start, Thank You. I have learned a lot by reading this forum. Maybe someone out there has the answer to my question.

I have a one page HTML document that I use as stationary in MS Outlook. It was a template edited in Dreamweaver. When viewed it is short and would appear to be only one page if printed, however when printed there are two pages. The first page is the entire document (if printed from email with headers; if printed from Firefox only graphic header; if IE Explorer entire document), and then the second page is just standard title, page number and date printed with the main body blank.

Here is a link to the document: http://www.callaladdins.com/email/coupons/carpet/carpetcoupon.html

This is probably not an Outlook problem but more of a Microsoft or HTML error on my end. Try opening the link in IE Explorer and do a print preview to see what I mean.

Does anyone know if there is some code that can be placed in there to force IE & Outlook to scale the print to one page? Can anybody give me an inside as to why it shows the blank second page?

Thanks, any insight would be appreciated!

davidj
04-13-2006, 07:34 AM
change your table height to pixels not %

d a v e
04-13-2006, 08:43 AM
or better still leave it out as it's not valid html (though it is if you define it as an inline style) and the table will expand to fit it's content

Jd9419
04-13-2006, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the assistance that worked! Learning something new every day!