PDA

View Full Version : defining a site?

scifin
04-11-2006, 06:42 PM
When making webpages I upload all the relevant files to my remote web server before I start using Dreamweaver.

Once I start using DW I add images, flash stuff, etc from the webserver as opposed to getting them off of my hard drive. The problem is that everytime I add an element, let's say a gif image for instance, I always have to make sure to change the "Relative to" tab to "Server". Is there anyway to make it so the default is "Server" instead of "Document"?

davidj
04-12-2006, 07:58 AM
not sure what you mean

please supply pictures with arrows ! :|

scifin
04-16-2006, 10:31 PM
I mean when I wanna insert an image for example I click the insert button and the Select Image Source pops open. Then I click the button on the top of it that says Sites & Servers...
Then another window opens that says Choose File From Website; this is where my question is:
On the Choose File From Website window, at the bottom is a dropdown with 2 options, Relative to Document & Relative to Remote Server Root.

I want the default to be Remote Server Root so I don't have to remember to change it from Document every single time.

davek7
04-17-2006, 12:57 PM
I have found it's best to set up a new site with DW. Go to > Site > New Site. This way all your files and images will be more organized when uploading to the web server.

scifin
04-17-2006, 04:36 PM
I'm not sure what you mean.