PDA

View Full Version : navigation bar help for a novice

neilcarps
04-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Hi,
I've only just recently started using dreamweaver and am in need of a bit of help with navigation bars. I've created the buttons in firewoks but I'm not sure how to get them working properly in dreamweaver. My navigation bar consists of 28 buttons on the left of the page in a vertical alignment and 5 buttons horizontally along the top. Do i need to import the bars as one image object into dm or can i bring them in seperately? I hope I'm clear in what I'm asking. Would it be easier to create the navigation bars in dreamweaver from the start?
Thanks,
Neil

kona72
04-10-2006, 10:13 PM
It would be best to slice them up in Fireworks and then place them in the layout in DW. I am assuming you are using tables?

neilcarps
04-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Yes I'm using tables. If I do seperate the navigation bars in fireworks what is the best way to then get the sections into dreamweaver so they work correctly? Will i be able to edit the links etc of the individual buttons in dm or will i need to do all of that in fireworks.

Thanks
Neil

kona72
04-11-2006, 07:31 PM
When you slice in Fireworks I imagine that you are exporting the HTML at this point as well? I find it far more beneficial to export just the images and use DW as the editor NOT fireworks. To answer your question with regards to editing in Dreamweaver; yes you can and should do this in DW.
Does this answer your question?

neilcarps
04-11-2006, 07:59 PM
It certainly does. Got it mastered now (to some degree!!). Thanks for your help - i think you've just saved me alot of time!