PDA

View Full Version : Whats gone wrong!!!!

TheNostradamus
04-07-2006, 10:06 PM
I have created my first site a couple of months ago which I am very proud of. However I have just viewed my sites source in IE but the dont seem to be anything there hardly. not even a </Body> tag. I have

I cant understand it as I am a bit of a novice but all I have done is make an HTML site (www.grandprixmastersonline.com)and added my Meta & Discription tags and published..

Please help as Im really scratching my head with this one lol...

Thanks

domedia
04-07-2006, 10:29 PM
This happens because you are using 1and1's service called in2site , most likely.
Your homepage lives just fine at http://www.grandprixmastersonline.com/index.htm, but the root directory get's a frameset by default.

Look in the root directory of your website for any files that you didn't put there (.htaccess maybe?) examine them and see if that's causing the problems.

If you don't have access to change it (wrong permissions), you should email your host. If they won't help you.. you get what you pay for :)

TheNostradamus
04-08-2006, 06:45 AM
OOps!!, if the source is in this state does this then mean I will have problems with search engines????

domedia
04-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Yes, using frames will give you a multitude of search engine and usability problems.

TheNostradamus
04-08-2006, 04:02 PM
No worries m8, to be honest the in2site service isnt really worth having. I have removed it this morning and all is fine now,..

Thanks