PDA

View Full Version : New window - Need help with loading a new widow

Guyon
04-07-2006, 11:46 AM
I am a new user to Dreamweaver MX.

I want to have some text that when you click on it, it loads a new small window that is a picture (with out closing my current window).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kate
04-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Hya and welcome,

Its very easy to do. write your letters, then in the property Inspector put this code "javascript: void(0) in the link part like in my image:

Now highlight your latters and go to your righ hand side and make sure 'behaviours' is in the panel, if not then go to 'window' the behaviours where it will appear in the panel. Claick the + sign and go to 'open browser window.

Use the Browse to file button to locate the file.
Enter the width and the height of the window
If you want the window to pop up without any attributes, (sizes) leave the remaining options blank
Click OK to close the window and apply the settings.

Thats it. Save your work then go to 'file preview, click the letters and hey presto.

Good luck.

K

Not sure why image or url does'nt show my image!

Guyon
04-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Thank you for the speedy reply Kate,
I could not have done that with out you!!!!!!!!

kate
04-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Your very welcome,

:D

Guyon
04-07-2006, 03:56 PM
I did get this to work, but Deamweaver puts onMOuseOver as defult, and I had to change that below in a box to onClick.
No biggie.

Mistakenly I closed out the lower box and can not find it. How do I find that again, or how do you change the onMOuseOver (defult) to onClick?

davidj
04-07-2006, 03:58 PM
highlight the link

press code button

manually type over the onMouseOut event

Guyon
04-07-2006, 04:15 PM
Where is the code button? I don't see it

Or did you mean the code TAB on the Right side. If so I closed that out and not find my may back under that tab.

Guyon
04-07-2006, 07:13 PM
I do see it in the code window, but I was looking for it in windwo below the Code/Tage Inspector. Which seem blank now. Before it had a lot stuff in it.

Can you resore the info in teh window below the Code/Tage Inspector?

Guyon
04-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Strange as it went away it is all back now. Hum...
thank you all.