PDA

View Full Version : Rotating Logo?

scifin
04-06-2006, 05:04 PM
I'd like to make a flash logo that flips from front to back, like a gas station sign. I seem to only be able to find tutorials that make the logo spin either clockwise or counter clockwise which isn't what I need.

http://scifinmusic.com/test-for-forum.gif

The logo is the interlocked C things on the ends; the example above is just to show you what an example of the logo looks like. Odds are I'd make a slightly different one for the rotating flash version.

I have flash 8 but I'm a total noob to it so if anyone could point me to a tutorial I'd really appreciate it.

scifin
04-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Well it's been a couple days and no responses...nevermind, I'll try and use Swift to get the logo spinning.

Thanks to anyone who read the thread thinking that maybe they could help.

domedia
04-07-2006, 09:34 PM
I'm no flash guru, sorry I couldn't help you out.
It's only been one day, you might get some answers later (sarcasm does not help ;) )
You're looking for a spinning 3d effect. I'm not sure Flash can even do it.
Sounds like Swift would be the tool.

davidj
04-08-2006, 12:10 PM
rotating logos... takes me back to the days of animated gif overkill

they arnt very nice and are very chav

if you must though i would shout out to all those MAX users out there.. (there is about 3 on here i know about ) who would knock up a set of keyframe bitmaps if you ask nicely which you can load into flash and then either trace or break apart to acheive the desired effect...

whos that movie star we have on here again ....?

Creative Insanity
04-08-2006, 08:44 PM
whos that movie star we have on here again
He is over here (http://www.graphixfreakz.com) now.

davidj
04-10-2006, 08:46 AM
CI ...
are you involved in this project?

Creative Insanity
04-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Yip.. how did you guess? hehe
Movie effects have been my pet love for MANY MANY years.

domedia
04-11-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm sure dreamlynx is still going to wander around these forums a little for dreamweaver stuff. It's fully possible to be part of more than one community, I'm involved in several myself.

scifin
04-19-2006, 05:15 PM
I wasn't being sarcastic.

I got the job done with Swift. I just wanted to make things look a bit less boring and the rotating logo did the trick.

Thanks again for the responses.

domedia
04-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Glad you got it working. I remember I was playing around with 3d spinning stuff in Swift a few years ago, I'm sure their software is much more advanced now..