PDA

View Full Version : help me please... I am desperate!!!

davidj
04-06-2006, 03:41 PM
i have packed in smoking and at the moment i would gouge out my own eye out for a kingsize cigarette... Im not joking!!

give me a pen knife and i will happily remove each fingernail for a smoke

its been 4 days and thought i could go cold turkey being all hard and exforces but its bloody difficult. I may have to resort to a patch or an inhaler like a big girls blouse i knew i was..

have to stick at it coz from next year ol blighty turns into a smoke free zone. No smoking anywhere (public places) in the UK. A complete ban across the country...

any of you smokers out there got a spare one? :cry:

domedia
04-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Actually, You're right there.. in a few days the cravings will be over :)

kate
04-06-2006, 06:50 PM
David,

I once did it like your doing it now.. sigh... :lol: but honest keep busy, keep as far away from the comp as you can when you feel like a cig. I find I smoke/waste loads of cigs at my comp.

When the urge comes its for seconds not minutes soooo take a deep breath, hold for a second then exhale. Wave a finger and say maybe next time you'll get me but not now and do something constructive like mow the lawn..ahaaaaaaaaa

Put the money you would save where you can see it. amazing how fivers can look good. Every month take yourself shopping with your saved fivers or bank it and watch it grow..the interest..ahaaaaaa

Good luck your young enough to benefit. Remember the cigs will never get cheaper so go for it.

I am editing because your on your fourth day. Man its over keep going.

K

edbr
04-11-2006, 09:27 AM
hows it going? If you use patches fine cos they work but make sure you reduce their strength cutting them in half if you have to and dont get hooked on them.

davidj
04-11-2006, 11:16 AM
still smoke free

its been 1 week and 1 day...

kate
04-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Well done,

By now your little pile of money will be well on its way.. :D

Keep up the good work you won't regret it David.

:wink:

dthomsen8
04-20-2006, 12:49 PM
have to stick at it coz from next year ol blighty turns into a smoke free zone. No smoking anywhere (public places) in the UK. A complete ban across the country...

any of you smokers out there got a spare one? :cry:

Wow, not even outside?

Here in Philadelphia, City Council can't even decide to prohibit smoking inside stores and restaurants. We non-smokers just have to put up with second-hand smoke while having lunch. Of course, some restaurants have no smoking sections, but far from all do.

davidj
04-20-2006, 12:53 PM
scotland have just started their ban

ireland started last year

england next summer

a total ban in any public place

HeadAche
05-08-2006, 07:55 PM
You should try and replace it with something else thats for sure. like striving for a new high(er) level of fitness or reading about some mad subject maybe you have always been curious george about.

Try sudoku or get yourself a Nintendo DS with a copy of Zoo Keeper... Both of these are well more addictive than cancer sticks but no way near as harmfull to your health.

You just got to remember how mingin it really is and how very, very bad it is for you. If you cant cold turkey it then cutting down is a start. In the words of Buddha, only you decide how much you listen to your temptations... or was that Bill Clinton. I forget now...

davidj
05-09-2006, 07:25 AM
been 6 weeks now and i dont want one any more

the cravings have almost gone and can quite easily go for a pint without feeling like im going to smoke 20 at any minute

in fact when i walk into a bar the smoke irritates me more than a non smoker

edbr
05-09-2006, 09:09 AM
well done mate. I was afraid to ask!! Its amazing that something that seems so difficult to give up seems so dumb a few weeks down the line. Not easy though.

blanchard
05-09-2006, 09:41 AM
I used to smoke a bit back then just stopped.
Now I only smoke when i'm on fire...lol :lol:

Well done anyway

davidj
07-06-2006, 11:27 AM
still off the tabs (smokes)

dont get cravings anymore but i have lost some powers like self cleaning eyes coz they sting now when i go into a smoke filled pub

also can smell smoke on my clothes even if i have stood next to some one who has just smoked (off their breath!!!! errrk)

You should try and replace it with something else thats for sure. like striving for a new high(er) level of fitness or reading

i found something to replace smoking and to take my mind off it....

mrclark0
07-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Its a tradeoff David

You lose the 'self-cleaning-eyes', but gain the powers of super smell.

even Superman didn't have that. :lol:

theagro
07-06-2006, 04:09 PM
I'll quit smoking 5 minutes after I die 'cause I plan on holding in that last drag as long as I can.....

Good going though

Creative Insanity
07-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Agree theagro.
and on that note I am going out side for a fag.

But you go for it dj.
But I will say this, I have family members and mates that have given up and one tells me that after some 20 years after giving up he still gets the urge now and then. So the urge does not go away completely, just gets easier to resist.

davidj
01-26-2007, 03:17 PM
almost a year guys!!!! and never touched a smoke since

Put the money you would save where you can see it. amazing how fivers can look good. Every month take yourself shopping with your saved fivers or bank it and watch it grow..the interest..ahaaaaaa..

see pic below...

I still get a hint of a craving and could light up any time... I dont think that will change but i hate the smell now. I made it!

edbr
01-29-2007, 12:47 AM
I have to say at I year I got some strong feelings to have a cigarette. but after that it never seemed to happen again, strongly anyway, there are still a few moments after 8 years, but nothing serious.
BTW did you put on weight?

davidj
01-29-2007, 12:56 AM
BTW did you put on weight?

before and after pics