PDA

View Full Version : Request help with alignment issues

Ken Rogers
04-05-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm not new to Dreamweaver, but am working on something that is relatively new to me. Due to the large amount of content on my particular site, I have decided to create a frameset. Simple enough.

When I view my page in the browser, I see small gaps in between the frames (2 or 3 pixels in width). I'd like these frames to be flush with one another.

Also, I'm using a table within my top frame (the banner frame) to organize 4 pieces of content. However, the table seems to automatically set itself about 10 pixels from the top and from the left side. The result is that my flash movie doesn't sit flush at the top of the frame, and I instead see the background area showing through.

Do frames and tables have secret properties that don't allow absolute alignment with the TOP and LEFT boundaries of the browser area?

Ken

chriskq
04-06-2006, 03:59 AM
whats the point of using frames.
why not div's ? - then u can control your padding and margins much easier!

domedia
04-06-2006, 04:04 AM
Due to the large amount of content on my particular site, I have decided to create a frameset. Simple enough.
Ken Ouch.. You're about to kill your website (almost). If you already have a website that's not using frames, you're half way there :)

If you need consistent content, either use server includes or the template system already built into dreamweaver. We'll gladly help you with any of those 2 solutions :)