PDA

View Full Version : folders going into infinity

kerb
04-04-2006, 01:56 AM
ok...

so ive been in front of my computer for about 11 hrs straight.

im been playing with dreamweaver. just learning how to do sites and importing a bit of script but ive come up against a bit of a weird problem

i decided to remove the website folder and start again. ive messed around with the local, remote folders and my computer doesnt understand what ive done to her.

think the two problems might be connected so here is the following:

i want to delete the root folder and start again

"The folder contains items whose name is too long for the rycycle bin

Do you permantly want to delete it?"

So i press yes to all

then it says

"cannot delelte tutorial. Make sure the disc is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use"

Its not in use and there is no tutorial file

the folders go as the following

tester>online>tester>online leading to an html folder i created, a javascript folder i downloaded and the tester folder again which in turn contains all these other folders.

its going on forever

realise this isnt a dreamweaver problem per se but it could be to do with the settings?

can you reset dreamweaver so all it has no acknowldgement of the settings

its all very weird and i really apologise for being vague and arbitrary.

any help would be so appreciated
thanks in advance

kerb :D

edbr
04-04-2006, 06:12 AM
Um. I would go to manage sites create a new site and start afresh. you can save any pages you want into this.( or not)

Prologue
04-04-2006, 06:18 AM
Are you trying to delete them while Dreamweaver is open? That might have something to do with it, close DW and locate the stuff you want to delete and see if that works. If you've tried this already with no luck, then maybe you could try deleting them after booting windows (assuming you are using windows) in safe mode.

kerb
04-04-2006, 01:19 PM
yep its windows alright...

its weird cos ive turned off all the programs.
it just doesnt wanna go... kinda sweet really. like a little puppy that follows you while your walking around the park. (swift boot to the head should sort it out)

gonna have a go at safe mode now. see if it works.

cheers for the tips :wink:

kerb