PDA

View Full Version : How to upload new content to a web site via a web page??

RedBoy
04-03-2006, 12:56 PM
I am creating an online gallery for a client, it's in the planning stages and I wanted to take a dive into methods to give clients the ability to load content to thier site from thier own password protected web page.
The person in question is an artist who is graduating from uni, and so they will forever be creating works of art that periodically they will want to have on thier web site. They aren't very computer literate and so I thought it would be good if they could upload/add images to thier web site via an online form-in a similar way you might upload an avatar from your own machine and then it is displayed in a set position with the structure of a web site??
Any direction to info on this subject or help with the ways in which I can achieve this would be greatly received, thanks in advance! :D

RedBoy
04-05-2006, 08:22 PM
sigh! :cry:

ramandeep
04-05-2006, 09:14 PM
Hi Mate,
It depends how your gallery is working, is it picking the source from any folder or ??. Yes if the gellery is getting its source from a particular location , it can be done using PHP.
Tell us bit more , so that we can suggest the best way!

pcbguy
05-01-2006, 09:03 PM
I need to do the same thing with a Realty site I am creating for a customer. I don't know PHP. How can I accomplish this? Is there a way to do it that will be easy for me and the customer? Thanks for any help.

domedia
05-02-2006, 09:02 PM
I seem to remember an open source application called openrealty, do a google search for it, it might be what you guys are looking for,

ramandeep
05-02-2006, 09:24 PM
Yes if you need a system for Realtors that is a very nice open source product
you can find more at http://www.open-realty.org

I have implemented and tested it.
We did integration of openreality with mambo CMS, top combination.