PDA

View Full Version : Problems, and questions.

Linear
04-02-2006, 05:39 AM
Hello. I am starting a website for a company I am starting and ran into some trouble. Let me tell you what I did so far, and correct me if it's not the best way to go or could be done better. I made the site in PS, then sliced it. I opened it in Dreamweaver, and started to add layers where my content boxes were. I made a button in Flash. I imported it into Dreamweaver, and put it on a layer. But when i preview it, the flash area has a white background. So is there a way to make the background of a flash area transparent? Also, when I get my site up, how would I got about updating it and maintaing it. What things should I save. Such as, should I save the .psd or save the .html i made in dreamweaver. Thanks for any help. :)

dthomsen8
04-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Hello. I am starting a website for a company I am starting and ran into some trouble. Let me tell you what I did so far, and correct me if it's not the best way to go or could be done better. I made the site in PS, then sliced it. I opened it in Dreamweaver, and started to add layers where my content boxes were. I made a button in Flash. I imported it into Dreamweaver, and put it on a layer. But when i preview it, the flash area has a white background. So is there a way to make the background of a flash area transparent? Also, when I get my site up, how would I got about updating it and maintaing it. What things should I save. Such as, should I save the .psd or save the .html i made in dreamweaver. Thanks for any help. :)

If you have published to the web, please provide the URL.

Linear
04-02-2006, 08:53 PM
I found out how to make the background transparent. But now I just want to know how to maintain the site. Like I said before, what kinds of things should I save (Ex. .psd, html,). I don't have a webhost yet, since I am in the process of making the site.

domedia
04-03-2006, 02:51 PM
It depends really, save whatever files you'd think you would need in the future.