PDA

View Full Version : How come...?

CSUjr
03-28-2006, 11:12 PM
I am working in Dreamweaver 8.

I have constructed some pages that have .Jpg's on them.

When I view the pages on the net the Jpg's show up fine.

I just constructed another page, in the same way, using the same proceedures and when I "view in browser" the Jpg's show up fine.

But when I view that same page (after uploading it) on the net, I get a Red X where the Jpg's should be.

Since the other pages are very much alike (but have different Jpg's) the code is very similar. So when I checked the code (for broken links, incorrect image references, etc.) I could not find anything in the code as to why this is happining.

Can anyone help?

Thank you,
Charles

Creative Insanity
03-29-2006, 12:11 AM
I think you better watch this here (http://www.webthings.org/vtm/dwc/site_setup/).

chriskq
03-29-2006, 01:42 AM
learn how to hand code if you are wanting to become a developer

show us the source of one of ur images... if it is named correctly
eg <a href="image/yourimagenamehere.jpg />

and it is still not loading when viewed on the net, ur images may be corrupted or the security settings might not be permitted to view in a broswer.

enough with the noob image questions people!

edbr
03-29-2006, 02:04 AM
probably a stupid question , but you did upload the images as well?
iIf you still have problems, why don't you post a link to the page online.

CSUjr
03-29-2006, 02:48 AM
The other pages that I have work fine, so it is not my browser or security settings.

As I said, I did everything the same way with this page when I created it. And also, I can view the images in my browser when I view the page (view in browser) from Dreamweaver. So, the images are not corrupt. I think that takes care of all of the well intended guesses.

Here is a link to the problem page.

www.journeyintoheaven.com/test.html

Let me know if you can tell what is wrong.

Thank you,
Charles

edbr
03-29-2006, 03:31 AM
ok. feeling out of my depth here but is this what you are trying to achieve.

<body onload="MM_preloadImages('Images/002/002ScrMsgCrd02.jpg')">
<div id="div1">
<div align="center">Images/002/002ScrMsgCrd02.jpg</div>
</div>

</body>

Please use code tags when posting code

CSUjr
03-29-2006, 04:26 AM
To Creative;
Thank you for the Tut link. I had already done all of that.

I even went back and tried to create another version of that page using Jpg's of lesser size but it still doesn't work.

As I said, I can "preview" that page with no problem. But the images will not show up when I call up that page on the net.

Also, as I said, I am having no problems with the other pages that I have created in this manner.

Any other suggestions?

To edbr;
Thank you for the code, but it did not work and when I previewed it in my browser it skewed the image into a tiny size.

Charles

CSUjr
03-29-2006, 04:48 AM
My thanks to everyone here.

I suspected that the solution to this problem was probably a very simple one and it turns out that it was.

The problem was that when I uploaded that page, I simply failed to upload the image folder containing the images.

I have done that and now everything works fine.

Thanks to everyone again,
Charles Jr

Creative Insanity
03-29-2006, 05:46 AM
Yeah Umm.. I guess the images would help ah LOL.