PDA

View Full Version : Everybody's New Sometime

HomeSurfer
03-27-2006, 03:42 AM
Hello, my name is Terry. I'm new.

I'm also new to Dreamweaver, which is sort of why I'm here. In the past, I've used FrontPage, and I built a pretty big site and then I sold it and now I'm starting something new.

But I'm going to make an effort to use CSS on this new site -- and my partner uses ColdFusion. In my neverending struggle to stave off the onset of Alzheimer's (because I can't remember anything anymore), I decided to learn something new...

...Dreamweaver.

Getting started is a pain, though. I have a real FAT book that starts off with all kinds of gobbledly-gook and nonsense about what is new with Dreamweaver 8. However, I don't really know what is old, so that chapter doesn't help. I watched a video feed on your site that skips the main part I need to get started. Maybe I'll go look for a "dummies" book that will help.

Basically, I have a site. It's new and I need to start prettying it up because only the programmers have been working on it so far. I want to open it up with Dreamweaver and work on it, add pages, modify pages, study CSS, and so on.

In FrontPage I used to work directly on the old site, which was about 30,000 pages big (some of it created with ColdFusion). My partner does the ColdFusion work, though, not me.

I'm an absolute moron when it comes to any technical talk....

...and I just can't figure out how to get started.

Everybody is new sometime, and most new people posting in a forum disappear after awhile. Or right away. At least that is how it is in other forums I'm a member of. But I generally stick around places where I can learn something, and I'm assuming you guys all know MUCH more than I do about Dreamweaver.

In advance, thanks for all the help I am about to receive.

Now...what do I do first?

edbr
03-27-2006, 04:34 AM
hi
Welcome to the site. There are a lot of guys here that know Bundles and people like me who are learning. I guess a good place to start would be to post your questions in the dreamweaver section. Welcome

domedia
03-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Hiya and welcome to the forums!

DW ships with a bucnh of help files/manual inside the software.
The first thing you should do is look through these. Hit 'F1' and start the learning ;)

HomeSurfer
03-29-2006, 10:15 AM
I'll try that. Thanks.