PDA

View Full Version : Rollover Buttons, which stay down when selected...

nicholasbartleet
03-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Hi guys, i'm new to this site.

I am working on making a new site for my work, and have decided to use frames for various reasons. I have a top menu frame, and main frame below where my content will appear. Now i have working rollover buttons, but what i need to do now is set them to change onMouseclick, and remain changed, untill another menu button is clicked in the same frame, and then it will be returned back to its normal state, and the new button will have changed.

Basically i want the image to change so that people know what page they are viewing!

I hope this makes sense, and hope someone can help.

Thanks, Nick

dthomsen8
04-01-2006, 12:33 AM
Hi guys, i'm new to this site.

I am working on making a new site for my work, and have decided to use frames for various reasons. I have a top menu frame, and main frame below where my content will appear. Now i have working rollover buttons, but what i need to do now is set them to change onMouseclick, and remain changed, untill another menu button is clicked in the same frame, and then it will be returned back to its normal state, and the new button will have changed.

Basically i want the image to change so that people know what page they are viewing!

I hope this makes sense, and hope someone can help.

Thanks, Nick

Somehow you haven't attracted an answer in here.

What normally changes when links are used is the color of the text. That color changes, and stays changed unless the user erases the history in the browser.

You can get the image to change with mouseover using either scripting such as JavaScript, or with CSS techniques, but I am not so sure that the change can be kept in the way that the link color changes are kept
by the browser. Please let us know if this is the information you are seeking.