PDA

View Full Version : new forums

dreamlynx
03-25-2006, 06:15 PM
Hey domedia how about starting a forum for for adobe premiere, encore & after effects. Lots of guys on here ask about video and other question with streaming. Movie and Television guys like myself would find it a great resource. Not to mention it would generate another source of income for graphic and design artist.
Thanks
DreamLynx

PS. most graphic artist make the mistake of using web standards in the post production world. Thats why i had the idea.

davidj
03-27-2006, 10:38 AM
the main question is.. do we have the experts available to answer these questions?

do you know your stuff regarding this new forum request dreamlynx?

dreamlynx
03-28-2006, 04:07 AM
Well lets see:
I am certifiesd in Premiere, Encore, After Effects and now for the big daddys.

For the last 20 years i have worked in the post production industry. Having done special effects, video editing and DVD authoring on several silver screen features such as Spiderman 2, X3 and several others.

Also have extensive training in Avid, 3D Max, Maya, Softimage, Boris FX,
Kaos, Renderman, Mental Ray.

I have worked for such companies and held contracts with WB, Walt Disney Company, Universal Pictures, Paramount, New Line Cinema and several others. To put it plainly it would be pretty stupid for me to ask if i had not been able to provide advice myself.

Not trying to brag but it's the truth.

Check out X3 coming to theaters 5.26.06

View the trailer here: http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/tls/trailer/

davidj
03-28-2006, 07:54 AM
ok

point taken

now convince the management

domedia
03-28-2006, 01:47 PM
the main question is.. do we have the experts available to answer these questions?Well lets see:
I am certifiesd in Premiere, Encore, After Effects and now for the big daddys.

For the last 20 years i have worked in the post production industry. Having done special effects, video editing and DVD authoring on several silver screen features such as Spiderman 2, X3 and several others.

Also have extensive training in Avid, 3D Max, Maya, Softimage, Boris FX,
Kaos, Renderman, Mental Ray.

I have worked for such companies and held contracts with WB, Walt Disney Company, Universal Pictures, Paramount, New Line Cinema and several others. To put it plainly it would be pretty stupid for me to ask if i had not been able to provide advice myself.
Heh I thought this was a little funny ;) (/me helps davidj back on his feet)
dreamlynx if you can stay around a while and help out in the new forum, I'll get it up shortly!

davidj
03-28-2006, 02:56 PM
shucks ...

hurry up with that forum coz i have a load of 3dmax stuff i need to ask

Creative Insanity
03-28-2006, 06:32 PM
So dl, you pointed us to a preview, so I take it you had something to do with it?
If so what? If not why point it out.. although glad you did.

dreamlynx
03-28-2006, 07:45 PM
I did special Fx for several scenes in the movie.

dreamlynx
03-28-2006, 07:54 PM
I would also be interest in doing like CI and creating some VTM for several programs such as encore, premiere and after effects. If you guys would be interested. I have been around and alot of times and i see people who make them and they leave out lots of vital information. I train lots of people and am pretty good at making things easy for people to learn.

domedia
03-28-2006, 08:35 PM
I would also be interest in doing like CI and creating some VTM for several programs such as encore, premiere and after effects. If you guys would be interested. I have been around and alot of times and i see people who make them and they leave out lots of vital information. I train lots of people and am pretty good at making things easy for people to learn.*That* would be really nice! CI's tutorials are the most popular here for a reason. The whole concept of video tutorials takes online tutorials to a different level, inmho.

Creative Insanity
03-28-2006, 08:42 PM
Hell DL that is awesome stuff.. I have been using Max for sometime now and never done anything as interesting as a movie FX.. ya know I hate you now ah LOL. (jk).

I for one would POUNCE on your VTMs *snears at dom LOL* in a flash.. so get making already will ya. I can't wait to see some Max ones.

I have used Encore also.. it is a nice program, however VERY resource hungry.

dreamlynx
03-29-2006, 01:34 AM
I will start with a primere basics tutorial. Then i will go to encore , then after effects then the big daddys like max and maya. I will try to get permission to show certain methods used in some of the movies i have done as well. I also have another idea. I was going to start my own forum
as well for those type of programs. Just in case DM is a little over whelmed with this one. I mean thats alot of work. Not to compete with you guys. just a place where post production guys can go and trade info. Would be really cool if i could get some of my guys in the biz to give online seminars and stuff.

chriskq
03-29-2006, 02:28 AM
soooo any chance u can get free tickets for premier of XIII.... lol
it looks very very cool

dreamlynx
03-29-2006, 02:51 AM
Red Carpet Premiere is only for the cast and crew. However i will say this. I have worked in one way shape or form with every x movie so far and this one relly goes off.

desertdirk
03-30-2006, 03:30 AM
But dreamlynx
do you have any real experience :) ha

I would be very interested as well. I have played with Ulead Media Studio several years ago, along with Bryce and Lightwave. Want to learn Maya and premeire and so on. This would be a great benefit. Would love to seem some VTM

Thanks for the offer dreamlynx
DD

domedia
03-30-2006, 02:42 PM
What would we call this forum?
"Video and 3D Software"?

dreamlynx
04-07-2006, 06:55 AM
I'm making my own

domedia
04-07-2006, 02:02 PM
I'm making my own
Good Luck! Make sure you let us know the url.