PDA

View Full Version : Hidden text, isn't...

laddie 1997
03-24-2006, 10:39 AM
OK, it's the guy who comes up with stupid questions - again....

I am trying to optimise my website (www.ValuePR.co.uk) for the search engimns. I am following some instructions I got and am trying to introduce some key words in to the page title, which I do not want to be visible on the page to visitors. As follows:
<head>
<title>PR Value | cost effective PR</title>
<h1>Value PR | Pay for results</h1>

The <title> text is invisible in DW and in IE6 viewed locally but as soon as I put the page up on the website, PR Value | cost effective PR comes smacking up. I suppose I could do it in white text! Does anyone have a more elegant solution? Many thanks, Dave Allen

domedia
03-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Hiding text will get you banned from search engines.
There's plenty of seo tutorials online, google is your friend ;) Personally I think you have a complete wrong cenception of SEO. If you want to optimize your site for 'pr value' make sure you use it in your TITLE, H1, in your text, and in links going to your page, and possibly in your filename pr-value.html. Hiding your text has nothing to do with it, you can simply fire the person that told you that. And then start a campaign to get as many related websites as possible to link to your page.

ranjan
03-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Hiding text will get you banned from search engines.

This is not automated. Only when a competitor complians that text is hidden, they investigate and decide.

Most CSS based layouts use Image replacement on h1 tags which essentially hides text

laddie 1997
03-27-2006, 06:56 AM
Ok Guys, I'll go for the legit approach. Thank you very much for your input.

Dave Allen