PDA

View Full Version : Web viewing of colors is wrong from DWMX

Shadow
03-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Stumped here. I have a sight created, www.artistsnartisans.com.

The background is defined in a text.css file as black, and I have blue link buttons. WHen viewed on my computer at home with a tube monitor and my notebook with an lcd panel, they are black background and blue button links, like they should be.

If you look at my page on the web, it white background, the white text does not show up, because of the white background unless you highlight it , manually change the background color to black, then highlight the text it will show up.

I've tried half a dozen other lcd based computers at different location, same problem. Also tried uploading the full site again, and no different.

Anyone have any ideas. I'm running 1024 x 768, and others I've checked are 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768.

Just stumped, ready to change the background color to a dark grey or something to see if it changes. I don't have my text.css file right, now but can upload that too later tonight.

Thanks Greg

Creative Insanity
03-23-2006, 10:27 PM
here is your problem.

<link href="file:///C|/ArtistsNArtisans/text.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
It is trying to find the css file on your local system. Change to:
<link href="text.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

Shadow
03-24-2006, 12:01 AM
:D Gosh, I've beat my head to death, but like when I used to program in Basic and C years ago, let someone walk over and look over your shoulder and find a syntax error in 2 seconds.

Once again thanks so much from a newbie. I doubt I'll forget this mistake.

Greg

Creative Insanity
03-24-2006, 12:41 AM
That has happened because you did not create your site within dreamweaver itself.
To avoid this error, under the files tab make sure you create your site there and then DW will not place those types of links again. Common error.