PDA

View Full Version : STUKKK!!! frames, templates... dunno wat 2 do!!

Fear_the_Grave
03-23-2006, 02:04 PM
hi,

can sum1 plz help me... the img below, i madetht usin frames in dw, but i need 2 somehow make a template exactly like that, with all the grey places fixed in position but editable when it comes 2 text etc.... n frames rnt the way 2 go bout it. also, when i click on a link in da navbar, it only opens in tht frame, which aint really helpful...

please help me, i'll really appreciate it!

thank you! here's da img:

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/1780/m6gt.jpg

domedia
03-23-2006, 03:42 PM
I'll bite..
Can you rephrase that?

Creative Insanity
03-23-2006, 05:37 PM
To make links open in a certain frame be sure you name the frame and then target your link to that frame.

Fear_the_Grave
03-24-2006, 11:43 AM
I'll bite..
Can you rephrase that?

ok... thanks for 'bitin' lol... sorry if i sound really dumb coz i aint very good at this thing at all, n i'm especially new 2 dreamweaver, which can b real hard after frontpage has kinda set ur thinkin n limits. but anyway...

c tht img there? i made that page using different frames for every single section u c: the top bit with the Webstyle javascript navbar, the 'bannerish thing', the main frame under tht, the darker bar n the lihter bar next to it, are all jus seperate frames showin their diff backgrounds, with the topmost 2 having a navbar and an img inserted.

i thote i could somehow save the frameset as a template so it would merge into one layout using ONE document (not a whole bunch for each frameset dependin on how many frames) where the layout above would stay rigid, but i'd be able to add content to it... but turns out not, so frames isn't the way to do it.

now i'm asking... what can i use to make a layout file (won't restrict it 2 'template) like the above, tht i can just copy the code of, paste, and add content to... with their being the same kind of distinction between each different little place, the way their is between different frames or cells in table) and where i could have the above seperate images for the seperate backgrounds of each different little area. i want everything below the white banner thing to be editable when it comes to adding content, but 2 stay as rigid as if i were using the frames.

how do i add little distinct area stuff tht r lyk frames in tht they go on as long as the page does automatically, you don't have to keep on changing the size of each frame when you add content to one, you can add a seperate bground 4 each etc. but that isn't frames, n that can be used as a basic layout/template kindish page? n tht looks exactly like the above image... which is how i want the basic homepage layout to be.

chriskq
03-28-2006, 05:54 AM
there is no character limit in the message body, so no need to type words out like your sending a sms. Word!

Fear_the_Grave
04-01-2006, 06:19 AM
yeh, but es faster. :wink:

d a v e
04-03-2006, 03:15 PM
faster to type but not to understand ;)

domedia
04-03-2006, 04:10 PM
I just gave up.. sorry :-/