PDA

View Full Version : Flash text problem

DeerRaven
03-23-2006, 12:38 PM
A coupla days ago, I logged into my server just to make a few changes on a coupla jpgs. Wound up not making any changes at all; lost my connection anyway. To my horror, I now find that all my rollover flash text is now surrounded by a little box. You click outa the box and the text works normally.

I've tested the Flash text ability in the software and now it's doing it all the time. What the heck happened? I'm using Dreamweaver 4. Should I reload the software?

For a look-see, go to http://www.midnight-new-hampshire.com

Thanks,
DeerRaven

Creative Insanity
03-23-2006, 05:39 PM
No box in FF 1.5

DeerRaven
03-23-2006, 10:40 PM
YOu're right. I checked the site from another computer and everything looks fine. I have no idea what happened from my computer. Even opened a backup file; even opened the file up in Dreamweaver MX 2004 and still the same weird stuff going on. I hate to think that I'm gonna have this strange junk happening all the time now and I'll have to accept on faith that it looks okay til I check on another computer. Nuts to that, eh?

Thanks,
DeerRaven

chriskq
03-24-2006, 02:22 AM
just curious why are you using flash just for text color rollovers.
You can easily get away with using one image (with the 2 types of text color) and using css a.hover to shift the background-position.
eg:
background-position: 0 -32px!important;
this will shift the position of your image.

sorry if i didnt explain this well, it is quite hard to explain to someone.[/code]

Creative Insanity
03-24-2006, 02:27 AM
Hey DR.. I like your sketchs.. very nice.