PDA

View Full Version : Repeated name fields, How?

Creative Insanity
03-21-2006, 06:00 AM
Ok we all know that the common formail option is pretty simple stuff, but what about a form mail from items from a repeat region. Since the common contact php script gets it's info from the field names.. but a repeat region duplicates a feild name in order to display them like thus:
<td width="55%" height="25">

<font face="verdana" size="1" color="black">
<input type="text" name="item" value="Cubase SX DVD" readonly="yes" size="40" border="no">
</font>
<td width="20%" height="25">
../images/euro.gif35.00 </font>
</td>
<td width="10%" height="25">

</font>
</td>
</tr>

</td>
<td width="55%" height="25">
<input type="text" name="item" value="danDont Shirt LS Black" readonly="yes" size="40" border="no">
So how would you get it to pick up repeatedly named fields instead of just the last one?
I have been racking the brain on this one all day.
Ideas?

Creative Insanity
03-21-2006, 06:39 AM
So simple.. I was looking at it from the wrong angle.. it is SO SIMPLE.
So what did I do.. tell ya.

I set up a varible $item =0

Then in here name="item" I just changed to name="<? echo $item = $item +1; ?> and that just names the field names for the contact form to 1 2 3 4 5 6 from the repeat region which the contact form picks up because of the differant names.. sooo simple.

davidj
03-21-2006, 01:06 PM
aye

simple as simon

i normaly would use a default name like field...(where field would become email or address or whatever
<? echo "field".$item = $item +1; ?>

so it would become...

field1
field2
field3
field4

this helps if you want to target another field which loops using the same method

but if you have cracked it then thats great too

Creative Insanity
03-21-2006, 06:36 PM
Yeah.. since this was items from a cookie generated cart I have the mail as
I
Item 1
Item 2
Item 3
Item 4
etc

Works a treat.

Now just gotta figure out why paypals cancel_return varible does not work as they say it should. Once that is sussed I have finished reinventing the wheel. LOL