PDA

View Full Version : pics wont dispaly

daveball
03-19-2006, 06:40 PM
Hi all, havin a small prob, when I insert pictures on to my website, they dispaly ok but when I look in the preview browser they dont dispaly, am I doing something wrong, thanks guys

Creative Insanity
03-19-2006, 07:48 PM
Like the robot said.. more input please.
We cannot know what you are doing unless you show us.
My crystal ball is a little merky today. LOL

daveball
03-20-2006, 04:52 PM
if u think ur crystal ball is mirky mine is filthy.
I have saved the pics in my dreanweaver folder and uploaded them I think correcttly, but U know the option for preview in browser when go to look what it will b like in the browser it does not show the pics, it just has an X mark where the pics should be, now im not sure if thiss is correct or an errror on my behalf, if u need more details please ask me what u need to know.
Hope u have a clean crystal ball, trhanks mate

kona72
03-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Post your code...

daveball
03-20-2006, 07:32 PM
what do u mean post code, what code u lookin for,thanks

kona72
03-20-2006, 07:44 PM
The html code that makes up the page...

chriskq
03-20-2006, 09:40 PM
If you cannot actually see the images through your broswer as a file. Eg type the path to your website (on your local) such as:
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/USER/Desktop/yourwebsitename/common/images/yourimagefilenamehere.gif

This allows you to just view the image in ur broswer. BUT if you cannot view your image then a possible cause of this i found out at work was due to the security settings of that folder or image.
See pic below, basically right click on ur image of image folder > Security tab > click advanced at bottom, now make sure the child inherit property is ticked.
if this doesnt work, maybe ur image is corrupt. goodluck

domedia
03-21-2006, 01:29 PM
what do u mean post code, what code u lookin for,thanks We're looking for the code that you have problems with. You're asking a technical question, not a semantical one. It's like going to the car repeair shop and ask them what's wrong with your car, and not bring it for them to look at. ;)