PDA

View Full Version : Error Message:Dreamweaver encountered an internal Data error

Karina
03-18-2006, 05:42 PM
DW was working fine then all of a sudden I get this message, it tells me to try again but no matter how many times I try no luck, any ideas anyone?
TIA

Creative Insanity
03-18-2006, 06:21 PM
Try what? I have no idea what you are doing as no details on what you are doing..
here comes the robot again.. more input. LOL

Karina
03-18-2006, 08:19 PM
I was trying to connet to the sites I have loaded, it wont connect to any of the sites I have loaded.
I click the connect icon then it brings the message.

An FTP Error occured- Cannot make connection to the host, Dreamweaver encountered an internal Data error, please try the operation again.

hope this is enough info for you, thanks

Creative Insanity
03-18-2006, 09:59 PM
Ok first make sure that DW has net access (check your firewall settings) and also make sure you entered the info for ftp account correctly and also the HOST PATH MUST BE EXACTLY CORRECT!
Tell us what you added for FTP access.. (omitting passwords ofcause).

Karina
03-18-2006, 10:20 PM
all the ftp settings are correct and the all the remote server settings are correct, I have been using DW for about 18 months, I was using it last night to alter PHP coding on pages I am building and I went to use it this morning and this is the message I got.

edited to say I can get into my CPanel with the same passwords and upload files in there.

Creative Insanity
03-19-2006, 12:21 AM
Cpanel has nothing to do with it. I am picking that your HOST PATH is incorrect.
It would be something like:
/home/accont_name/public_html/

Make sure that is correct. If you are not sure what the host path is, use a FTP client and then login to your ftp account and look at the top. You should see something like:
/public_html/ You could try just having what is in there, and if that does not work add before it /home/account_name

Other than the above, if you have been using it for 18 months and now it is not working, then I would asking your hoster this question and not here.