PDA

View Full Version : Good Hosting Solution For PHP Uploads?

ian27
03-16-2006, 02:43 AM
Hi guys,

At work we recently developed a video player in flash which allows video uploads via a backend admin section which then loads these videos into a database which can then be played. We have recently had a problem with the videos timing-out during upload. We have since found that the problem was because the server has a maximum upload time for PHP uploads. In our server's case it is a 5 minute maximum upload time. So any upload that takes longer than this time period is automatically refused and an error occurs.

So I'm looking for a good and reliable hosting solution which offers an increase in the maximum upload time (unlimited upload time would be excellent), and excellence customer services. I'm not sure of our budget at present but I know we are prepared to pay above the average for a service that caters for this.

So if any of you know of any such hosting server providers, please let me know as it would be of great help to me in my search.

Many thanks,

Ian

davidj
03-17-2006, 03:49 PM
i dont think this boils down to upload time. Its probably file size limit and if your taking 5 mins to upload a file then i would imagine this is a monster file

i would expect that you woul be required to pay a premium for this

you need to check the php.ini to see what is set as default upload max

contact your host and see what has been set as a limit

domedia
03-19-2006, 05:39 PM
Why not change the 5 minute upload time on your current server?